Yes, I was one of the two billion people who got up at a crazy time to watch the royal wedding. It was worth it! All the pomp and circumstance, the many traditions were beautiful to see and learn. The choir boys were darling as were the little attendants. And of course, Prince William and Kate looked amazing. Kate, who now must be called Katherine will set trends in bridal fashion for the next few years just as Princess Diana did years ago. Here are some of the trends we should see:
- We have already seen more lace in wedding gowns, and we will now see even more.
- Beautiful lace sleeves are back! Whether full length or shorter, we’ll see more designers adding sleeves to their designs.
- Higher necklines. We saw these back in the 80s and we’ll just have to believe the designers will do better designs this time around!
- More gold as accent color
- More formal wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Small tiaras
- Smaller bouquets, much to the chagrin of floral designers everywhere!
- We will probably see a resurgence in the interest in horse-drawn carriages as well!
I’d love to hear what you thought about the wedding, it brought tears to my eyes and has put me in a good mood all day! Such a beautiful start to a day.
Image courtesy: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org