A gracious bride is a gorgeous bride! All you newly engaged gals – this should be your mantra for the days leading up to and after your wedding. Yes, you have waited your whole life for this. Yes, it is all about you and your soon-to-be hubby. However, you did not get to where you are without the love and support of others. At this time in your life you will most likely have bridesmaids, a mother (or two), grandmothers, ladies who will want to throw you showers (even if you don’t really know them), every single guest you invite to celebrate with you – all at some point in the process will need a formal ‘thank you’ from you. Here are a few suggestions that will help you when you get stumped.
1. Honor the mother (or mother figure) in your life by buying her something just as special as your bridesmaids. Not keen on jewelry? She will undoubtedly be working just as hard as you (if not harder) on your wedding – get a massage gift certificate for her to enjoy after your ‘I do’s’ at her local spa.
Bracelet, Gabriel & Co
2. Finally, after its all said and done – make sure you take the time to write a personal, handwritten ‘thank you’ to anyone who gave you a gift in a timely manner (AKA as soon as possible!). These should match the formality of your wedding invitations.
Thank You Cards, Target
3. All those awesome parties dedicated to you – you will need to get hostess gifts. Something small, just to say ‘thank you.’ They’ll appreciate the sentiment after throwing you a sweet bridal bash. This super cute tea towel is the perfect thank you gift for the hostesses of any of your pre-wedding soirées. It fits the bill for any age and any life style!
Southern Charm Tea Towel, Declaration & Co.
4. A classic set of earrings is a fantastic thank you gift for your bridesmaids. It will keep them uniform and not compete with the beautiful bridesmaid dress that you have picked out for them to wear. Also, they will definitely be able to wear these many many times after the wedding!
Pearl Stud Earrings, Gabriel & Co
5. Want to honor your house party (aka honorary bridesmaids) with something different than what you gifted to the bridesmaids? Look no further. This lotion is divine! Grab yourself some to use while on your honeymoon. Trust me!
6. Always a good “go-to.” I am a firm believer you can never have too many candles, so if you are in a pinch and don’t know what to get the host of your next shower – show up with this. She will love it!
White Current & Rose Candle, Aquiesse
7. Flowers are always welcomed! On the night of your wedding, tell your wedding planner to give the vendors from the event dibs on taking the blooms home with them, for themselves, mothers, girlfriend, etc. You will go down in history for being so thoughtful!
8. Here in the south we love monograms! Proper etiquette says any correspondence prior to the nuptials shouldn’t use the married monogram, now is a chance to use it. Have special notecards printed with the amazing new monogram and send ‘em out!!! These ivory notes are my current favorites –classic and beautiful.
Savannah Engraved Monogram Pearl White Note, Crane & Co.
Remember! Most religious officiants wont charge anything to conduct a ceremony – so a special monetary gift should be given. That can be in the form of cash or gift certificate to a nice restaurant (I am a sucker for locally owned restaurants!).
Bottom line – a heartfelt thank you will go a long way. This time is a time for you to shine, just do it graciously.