With Valentine’s Day and the season of love fast approaching, wedding engagements are underway. Brides–hand over the laptop to your man for this one. We want to ensure your ring-shopping experience is educated and easy.
Here are 5 key points to keep in mind when planning to buy your most important piece of jewelry:
1. Budget. We read up on modern-day engagement ring budgets and found that the three-month salary guideline seems a bit old-fashioned. There really are no real rules to how much a man should spend on a ring. A groom should feel comfortable with the budget he sets for himself–and stick to it.
♦Today’s average engagement ring costs about $3,500. If an average male’s salary is $43,000, a $3,500 diamond ring is only about one month’s wages.
2. Know your Bride. Get an idea of what she loves. Almost every girl these days has a Pinterest page with a Wedding board. Don’t be afraid to add Pinterest to your browser history to take a look at what she wants on that ring finger!
♦ For some inspiration visit Wedding Guide’s Beautiful Wedding Bling Pinterest board!
3. Trust your Vendor. A jeweler should not just someone whom you purchase the ring from; it should be a trusting relationship you have built.
♦ We have an amazing list of local vendors who make your happiness their priorities.
4. Research the Design (and include her!). Do you know the 4 C’s of diamonds? Color, cut, clarity and carat size all determines how expensive a ring will be. Do some research on these important details of a diamond so they match with your budget. Better yet, let your bride have fun with ring designs. 77Diamonds.com offers an interactive way to customize your own ring right on their website.
♦ How great would engagement ring research, designing and shopping be if you could do it in your pajamas?!
5. Relax. We know this is a HUGE event in both of your lives and we want it to go just as smoothly as you do! So relax, and don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice from family members or friends (or Wedding Guide Chicago)!