There’s just something about the handsome, effortless class of Southern gentlemen. Rumor has it they make pretty awesome grooms. Of course, some of us might be a little partial . . . Here’s some signs you’ve got your very own genteel beau.
1. He opens the door for you. Your handsome man is always rushing to get the door at all wedding planning appointments, venue tours, and well . . . anywhere. It’s kind of one of the things that made you first fall for him.
2. He calls his mother and his grandmother (and not just on holidays and birthdays). This is a biggie among Southern gents. They understand that they wouldn’t be the men they are without the love and guidance of the women who were there for them first. They learned how to love and respect women through these relationships and they take the time to show their love and appreciation.
3. He greets friends and strangers alike with a smile. There’s just something about Southern charm, and genuine gents have it in spades. Even if he’s a little on the tall, dark and mysterious side, chances are he carries himself like he’s never met a stranger. This especially goes for family and friends of his beloved bride-to-be.
4. He introduces you first at social functions. A Southern gentleman is always proud to be with his lady and never forgets to put her first. When it comes to making introductions, he’s all too happy to get everyone well acquainted.
5. He says Ma’am and Sir. Showing respect to those around him is always one of his top priorities.
6. He knows how to dance (or at least he’s willing to learn). Southern gentlemen are smooth operators, and they’ve grown up appreciating the grace of the culture around them. No mistake about it, he’s light on his feet, and ready to bust some killer moves.
7. He’s got a drawl that would make Scarlett O’Hara swoon. We have a feeling you know just what we’re talking about.
Photos courtesy of Kristin Faye Photography
Join the conversation! What do you love about your Southern gentleman?